GLASS BOTLE INSPECTION PROCESS
HIKING GLASS – QUALITY INSPECTION PROCESS
First, The Mold Inspection
- For custom glass bottles, before making the molds, HIKING international sales department must provide a professional and detailed drawing and 3D pictures for clients’’ approval. If any changes necessary, sales team must clarify the reason and how to modify, but must make sure there is only a slightly difference with the drawing or sample provided by clients. HIKING international sales must be provide the best service until conclude a consensus with clients. Be patient and smile.
- HIKING provides 3D printing samples, if clients would like to see the 3D printing samples firstly, before the samples sent out, HIKING engineers must inspect the measurement, the decorations are same with the drawing or clients’ requirements.
- Before the molds enter the mold workshop. They should be inspected according to the drawings or the customer’s requirements. HIKING engineers must combine the bottle mouth mold, the body mold, and the bottle base mold, to make sure they are whole.
Second, The First Item Inspection
- After the molds on machine, but before the first produced 10-30pcs bottles into the annealing line. HIKING GLASS workers pick out 2 – 3 products from each mold, for size inspection. The key points of inspection focused on the mouth height size; Inner and outer diameter of the mouth; whether the embossed/engraved lettering is correct and clear; whether the pattern is correct.
- When the bottle emerges from the annealing line, the QA leader will pick out 2-3 bottles to make inspection according to the drawing, (inspection shall be carried out in all aspects of the drawings). The emphasis is the capacity and weight measurement, the inner and outer diameter of the mouth. If necessary, fill the bottle with water, use the cover provided by the customer or HIKING cap partners for physical assembly, and check whether the cover can be sealed in the right places. Also make test for internal pressure, internal stress, acid and alkali resistance test
Third, Inspection During the Production
- Without changing the mold, every 15mins, each mold pick out 2 pcs for volume, weight testing, and meanwhile need to detect the inner and outer diameter of the mouth, because the mouth is easy to stain with oil, resulting in the lid without sealing properly, and cause the liquid leaking
- In the production, molds may be replaced with new molds. Therefore, after changing molds, the production department must immediately notify the quality assurance office. The quality assistant must do a strict inspection on the first bottles made with new molds, and the inspection of the production, to prevent quality problems caused by missed inspections due to quality inspection after molds change.
Fourth, The Full Inspection
- After the glass bottles come out from the annealing line, the quality inspection assistant must carry out all bottles, and make appearance inspection, and its key points are:
- Bubbles in bottles: Bubble is the most common problem in the production of glass bottles: Bubbles above 1mm are not allowed on the sealing surface of the bottle; Bubbles below 1mm are not more than 6 within one square centimeter on bottle body. Size between 1mm-6mm bubbles not more than 3, and spacing is above 20mm; surface-broken bubbles are not allowed
- Wry neck: It caused by the operation. In the process of operation, the mouth mold and blow mold are misplaced or one side of the mold is not completely placed. The worker is required to correct the operation. Even if it does not affect the fit with the lid, it also affects the appearance of the entire bottle.
- Inclined bottom: uneven feeding at the bottom, half thick, or even more than half, affecting product quality, and lowering the quality grade.
- Thickness of the mold giants: The giant is more than 0.5mm above the surface, and even the feeling of hand scraping is not allowed, especially the bottle mouth is not allowed. The main reason is that the mold is not in place or worn out. It needs to be repaired, polished and assembled.
- Material color: Generally, the material color will not be changed greatly unless the ingredients of the raw materials used are changed. Generally, it will not be changed. If there is a phenomenon of turning green or blue, the formulation may be properly adjusted for color removal.
- The notches in the mouth: The inner and outer diameters of the mouth and the doorway are most prone to problems. Outer diameter: Because the mold is easy oil stains, resulting in smaller anti-skid teeth, the lid cover slippery from left to right , cannot be closed tight; The notch on the inside mouth, the cork cannot be tightly closed. It will cause liquid lead. The main reason is that the glass is too soft; Or the worker pull the bottle too fast after the liquid glass into the blank mold, the material is not fully formed.
- Blocking material (bottle deflection): The main reason is that the material is too red (temperature is too high), not completely cooled, caused by the formation of glass after molding, and it may be that the molded bottle is not placed on the center of bottom tray
- Thin shoulders: Generally thin shoulders are found in the square bottles, because the mold design. It mainly based on the workers right operations and timing (glass color). to fill the sharp square corners, the shoulders are ignored, which made it difficult to grasp the test. Will cause greater damage during transporting transport or filling, resulting in losses. In the inspection, QA can use the silicone hammer to gently tap the shoulder area and report to leaders immediately if find problem, to correct it.
- The bottle is not bright: the bottle is spots, fog, and the transparency is not good. It mainly caused by the mold-release agent, there is a layer of carbide on the inner surface of mold, which can be solved by polishing
Fifth, Warehousing Inspection
- For the finished bottles packaged ready for storage, quality management person do the inspection in accordance with the AQL sampling plan. Samples shall be taken in all directions (upper, middle, and lower parts) . HIKING QA must do the inspection strictly in accordance with standards or customer requirements. Stock the past bottle batch in time, stacked neatly, and mark clearly. The failed batch must be immediately marked, isolated, and reworked until it is qualified, if necessary, produce new bottles until it is perfect.
Sixth, Inspection of Bottles with Decorations
- The color turns to red: The main reason is that the temperature is too high, the speed of the mesh belt is too slow, and the reduction reaction of decoloring agent
- PoorPrinting Adhesion: In addition to the material of the label itself, it is mainly caused by the low temperature. Since different material of the label, the temperature required for printing is not the same. Therefore, adjustments must be made correctly before printing.
- Broken printing: There are many burst holes in the label. The reason is that after sticking the finished label, the bubble in the paper is not brushed off, or the surface of the paper is not dry. The bottles that have been printed but not qualified can be scraped off with dilute hydrochloric acid and reapplied
- Mixed packaging of different flavors: Because the bottle shape exact same, but the flavor on the printing is different. When sticking, printing inspecting, and packaging, it is easy to mix bottles of different flavors, resulting in customer complaints and quality accident. HIKING workers must be strict carefully and pay attention to different flavors printed bottles.
Strict quality inspection is our consistent belief, transparent, no bubbles, no scratches, we will always provide customers with high-quality high-end glass bottles